From aligning business processes with technology to choosing future-proofed tools - there are a great many things a Not-For-Profit can do to maximise the return on investment from its CRM and other core technology choices. The key, as per this article, is to have a proper system for doing so....
Most organisations do not use their technology nearly as well as they could be for various reasons:-
- Staff leaving has meant that knowledge of the system has faded
- Not being able to keep apace with upgrades
- Too little resource to get you over the hump to having members and donors serve themselves more.
- Too many complex workarounds
Our experienced consultants have seen these scenarios many times and can help you to identify, plan and overcome the hurdles to better performance of your engagement management system
We help you make technology choices that are aligned to your strategic goals and working constraints
Rethink is one of the largest mental health charities in the UK and they have a large number of members and are actively recruiting to increase their membership supporters. They use Umbraco as their main website CMS , and they needed various signup forms put into this website to help in recruiting more contacts and possible supporters as well as helping their beneficiaries to get the care they needed.
Most CRM databases come with some sort of API these days, but organisations really need to understand what is in the API if they are to get real value and actually make the API connect their various systems. Here are a few pointers on what to look for in a CRM API
A) Types of web-service API. There are various types of web-services APIs and quite frankly if your CRM does not have a web-services API, the costs and risks of integrating to the cloud are going to be prohibitive. Here are the most common types on order of their usefulness
ZenLoadrSubmitted by Admin on Sat, 08/27/2016 - 17:50
- Imports Donations, Pledges or Dues
- CSV, Tab deliminated or any other deliminated text files
- Define your own mapping template (including variable campaign and appeal codes)
- Automated contact matching based on ID, non-matched transaction go against anonymous contact*
- Additional API integrations available for JustGiving and VirginMoneyGiving***
* Preprocessing for assigning ID's to transactions is possible